Children's Ministries Coordinator
Job Title: Children’s Ministries Coordinator
Hours: 10 Hours per week
Pay: Hourly $18-20/hr, depending on training and experience
Education/Experience: Experience or coursework in childcare or education required. Background in the United Church of Christ preferred.
When: Immediate Opening Beginning September 2016
Contact: Send resume and cover letter to: Lydia Lord, Office Manager at email@example.com.
First Congregational Church of Stamford (FCC) is a vibrant progressive Christian church in downtown Stamford, CT that serves the community through worship, Christian education, community events, and social justice/Christian mission programs. FCC is seeking a part time (10 hrs/week) Director of Children’s Ministries who is committed to the FCC mission to join the team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the Children’s Ministries of the Church Nursery (birth) up to middle school. The pastor is primarily responsible for Confirmation. The best job will be done by an individual that can engage children with good rapport and initiative and maintain an inviting presence. Understanding and expression of Progressive Christian theology in line with the mission statement of FCC is required. In addition, this person is expected to abide by all Personnel and other policies of FCC. Mission Statement: First Congregational Church of Stamford (United Church of Christ), is an inclusive Christian community dedicated to following and sharing the teachings of Jesus Christ, encouraging spiritual growth through worship, education, and outreach. We welcome and celebrate individual interpretation of our faith in covenant with God.
- Teach a weekly Sunday School class for grades 15 during worship.
- Work with the church school staff to clearly define duties and relationships.
- Provide for training of the staff.
- Train a group of substitute and assistant teachers.
- Plan and preside at teacher meetings.
- Meet new students and assign them to the right classes.
- Keep accurate records (registration, attendance, offerings, expenses, supplies)
- Arrive early for every session to be sure the building is in order and teachers, supplies and equipment are ready.
- Order, distribute, evaluate and encourage effective use of curriculum materials, equipment and general supplies.
- Meet with the Christian Education Team.
- Plan and lead special church school programs, like Youth Sunday and the Christmas Pageant.
- Plan and lead approximately 1 familyfriendly activity/outing per month, preferably on Sunday afternoon.
- Coordinate with the Pastor the Youth program.
- Keep informed about what is happening in the children’s and youth programs and in Christian education and keep the congregation informed.
- Work with the Christian Education Team to evaluate programs and develop new ways of carrying out tasks.
- Be an advocate for Christian education.
- Involve the church school in the total life of the church.
- Attend some regularly scheduled staff meetings
- Insure that the faith formation programs operate under safe church guidelines.
- Provide resources to teachers and parents to interpret the mission of the church as it relates to the United Church of Christ.