Family & Children’s Agency (FCA) is a leading non-profit, 501(c)(3), human service organization that is committed to increasing the social and emotional well-being of more than 11,000 individuals throughout Fairfield County and beyond. Skilled professionals serve clients in four primary service areas: children and families, youth, adults and seniors. Ninety cents of every dollar donated to FCA directly benefits those in need in our community.
Our Mission is to partner with individuals, families, organizations and communities to build better lives.
We are searching for an IICAPS Clinician to join our team:
A full-time IICAPS Clinician position is available in our intensive in-home psychiatric program (IICAPS) for emotionally disturbed children/adolescents and their families.
The IICAPS Clinician will carry a caseload of 8 families at a time providing intensive clinical strength based in-home treatment for families in the greater Norwalk/Stamford area. Work with a partner (mental health counselor) to provide crisis based interventions to help stabilize families and prevent the placement of children in hospitals or residential facilities when possible, or to support families upon the return home of a child from such a placement. The clinician is part of a team including the Mental Health Counselor, Program Manager, and IICAPS psychiatrist.
- Assume responsibility for coordinating the collaboration of all professionals involved with the child and the family.
- Responsible for assessment, treatment planning and maintaining case records and summaries.
- Available to deliver crisis response 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, rotating on-call with other IICAPS staff.
- Licensed or license eligible Masters level clinician with degree in Social work or other related field with experience in crisis intervention and children and adolescents with mental illness/emotional disturbance – Candidates without a Master’s degree will not be considered
- Experience with children/adolescents/families and populations with mental health issues strongly preferred.
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking is strongly preferred.
- Some evening hours will be required.
- Must have awareness of the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of clients served.
- Must be able to work with diverse populations and be willing to provide home based supports.
- Demonstrate maturity, professionalism and self-awareness, a non-judgmental attitude, the ability to deal with resistance and rejection, cultural competency and the ability to work independently and under challenging conditions.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
We are proud to have been named by Hearst Media as a Top Medium Sized Workplace in Southern Connecticut for 2014 and 2015. We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits.
Candidates may apply by visiting the employment section of our website. Please be prepared with your cover letter and resume when you begin the application process. http://www.familyandchildrensagency.org/employment/