Branch Manager - Oxford
Location: Oxford, CT
Newtown Savings Bank is looking for a professional, positive, high energy, team player for the Branch Manager position in our new Oxford location. This position is responsible for all functions of a full service, retail bank branch, including sales, service, operations and staff supervision. The Branch Manager proactively generates new deposit accounts, loan applications, and investment referrals; as well as proactively calls and solicits leads for new and existing business banking relationships.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sells the complete line of deposit products and related services to customers in an effort to reach defined goals and enhance profitability. Accept consumer loans, business loans and mortgage applications or refer when applicable. Complete customer wire instructions as requested. Provide qualified referrals to Commercial Lending and Newtown Investment Solutions. Assist customers with their financial needs by effectively using team and utilizing cross-selling skills.
- Work with branch coaches and “create and maintain an environment in which team members feel engaged, supported and valued”.
- Process exception items and render decisions within authority.
- Work with Assistant Manager to develop motivational sales techniques to reach quarterly goals and enhance profitability. Assist staff in achieving both sales and operational goals and hold weekly meetings to support these goals.
- Support the Bank’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Core Values and Customer Service Creed with staff and monitor its continual use. Provide training as necessary.
- Participate in business development and sales management activities including generating new business by calling on both new and prospective customers. Accept business loan applications within the realm of Small Business Lending program.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to all external and internal customers. Resolve customer complaints and refer to Regional Manager any difficult situations. Use courteous telephone etiquette when answering, transferring and calling customers.
- Overall, your service delivery and that of the branch, should always translate into a positive customer experience.
- Maintain current knowledge of all products and services and follow all CIP, BSA, AML and OFAC requirements, as set forth in the Bank’s policies, procedures and programs. Ensure that policies and procedures of the Bank are communicated and followed by branch staff.
- Participate regularly in business networking events and community service activities. Represent the Bank as a board member for at least one community group. Promote the Bank and the Bank’s services.
- Associates Degree and above, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years management experience
- Previous Bank Management experience preferable
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Any physical demands or work conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full time employees also receive a complete benefit package including a generous 401(k), medical benefits, paid time off, and short and long term disability programs.
Newtown Savings Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, gender, disability status, protected veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin/ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.