Senior Manager, Art Direction and Creative
Waterworks - inspiring great designs, and great people.
Waterworks is the Nation’s leading luxury brand for bath and kitchen. The Senior Manager, Art Direction & Creative Services is a unique experience for a candidate who wants a challenging and exciting role. We are looking for an inspirational leader, who can translate creative vision into inspiring and innovating concepts across the Waterworks brand.
True to Waterworks roots, we value and cultivate long-standing relationships with our clients and our associates. We work in a highly collaborative, creative environment that values each associate’s contribution toward delivering beautiful, innovative, luxury products while providing superior customer service. We offer our associates training on all three brands under the Waterworks umbrella, career growth opportunities, competitive salaries, bonus potential, and a comprehensive benefits package including 401k.
- Lead the direction and execution for internal and external branded content from conception to on-set art direction through post-production including: website, emails, sales collateral, in-store signage, presentations, event invitations, social media, etc.
- Partner with Director of Marketing and Senior Manager of Marketing to align creative development with marketing goals and objectives. Translate strategies into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to use, engaging and on brand.
- Ensure quality and integrity of all creative output within budget and on time.
- Manage art direction and execution of photography from index photography for e-commerce and catalogs to and brand communications.
- Collaborate and manage external creative/production partners to ensure that content is delivered on time and in excellent condition.
- Solid understanding of site functionality, architecture, intuitive user interfaces and navigation. Understands responsive design and thinks through user experience for multiple devices.
- Build an internal creative team across graphic design, traffic and production.
- Must be able to manage daily workload and team development. Set clear roles, responsibilities and expectations on projects
- Bring latest design trends, best practices and technical innovations across relevant platforms.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills required to partner with cross-functional departments on strategy and execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably Graphic Design or Communication Design.
- 10+ years of creative experience, primarily in graphic design
- 5+ years supervisory experience, leading and developing graphic designers
- Minimum 2-3 years web/digital design experience.
- Significant experience in all forms of media – print, digital, and video -- including demonstrated expertise creating online marketing solutions, including e-commerce websites, banner ads, landing pages and email marketing.
- Must demonstrate refined design, color and typographic sensibility
- Has a “can-do” attitude, enjoy working in a fast-paced highly creative environment.
- An exceptional portfolio of work showcasing brand, print, web, mobile, etc.
- Ability to lead projects with minimal oversight while managing multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Luxury brand experience, in the home design category strongly preferred. Experience in the bath and kitchen category ideal.
- Strong understanding of how copy contributes to the overall communication experience.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Digital Content Standards.