Finance Department Overview
The goals for the Finance Department are to establish and maintain a strong financial foundation for the company to protect our financial interests, and to shape their financial future. Working with the firm's Management Committee, responsible for designing and implementing the company's financial strategy. More specifically, execute the day-to-day financial operations (accounts payable. client billing, payroll. general ledger maintenance, financial statement preparation, project portfolio management, shareholder reporting, record keeping, and calculations) ; protect and oversee corporate assets (through partnering with the business on procurement best practices. internal controls, budgeting, cash management, and insurance) ; and provide strategic information about, and synthesis of the financial picture to the Management Committee (financial planning and analysis] .
Finance Department Overview:
Finance is responsible for implementing the company's financial strategy. More specifically, execute the day-to-day operations (accounts payable, client billing, payroll, general ledger maintenance, financial statement preparation and shareholder reporting, recordkeeping, and calculations); protect and oversee corporate assets (through internal controls, cash management, and insurance) ; and provide strategic information and synthesis of the financial picture to the Management Committee (financial planning and analysis).
• Involvement in all aspects of preparing invoices and expense reports for payment including, but not limited to; inputting to the financial reporting system, coding and verifying correct ledger codes, reviewing, in detail, all of the supporting documentation
• Working to resolve discrepancies with clients and departments or individuals throughout the firm
• Assertively facilitate cross-department approval of project related invoices
• Collaborating with team members to continuously surface inefficiencies; partner with management to solution and drive forward the design and implementation of process improvements and documentation.
• Aiding in a variety of projects, and change initiatives as needed
• College degree with a major in Finance or Accounting is preferred, but not required
• 0-3 years of relevant experience, Accounts Payable exposure is preferred but not required
• Computer savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and & Word [intermediate skill level
• Very strong attention to detail, possessing the ability to identify connections/relationships in complex data
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a customer service mentality. Must be comfortable speaking up, and holding colleagues across the firm accountable to following agreed upon processes, and to obtaining any required approvals for spends.
• Organized and agile, able to juggle and prioritize multiple streams of work, flexible and calm under pressure [composed)
• Demonstrated intellectual curiosity, a willingness to challenge the status quo leading to the creation and implementation ion of excellent processes
• Demonstrates the ability to think at the goal level [smart, agile, demonstrates common sense)
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and with a team
Additional helpful experience:
• Exposure to MS Dynamics [Solomon General Ledger)
• Experience with an automated expense reporting system
• Experience working with an AP system [or P2P system)
To thrive and succeed within our unique culture and work environment, individuals must demonstrate humility, innate curiosity and openness to new ideas/approaches. Members of our community need to be hard working, confident and highly goal-oriented. All employees are expected to be honest, exceptionally direct, excited about providing and receiving objective feedback, constantly striving for self-improvement and committed to the pursuit of excellence.
GTT has been a leader in the staffing industry for over 18 years and is one of the largest staffing firms in the Northeast region. Known for our cutting edge, technology-driven recruiting infrastructure and customer-centric approach, we offer our partners unmatched quality, streamlined execution, and a responsiveness and flexibility that go above and beyond traditional staffing services.