Director of Human Resources
Great opportunity to join a thriving foundation with a strong team environment.
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Analyzes and modifies compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Advises management on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommends needed changes.
- Performs staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientations to familiarize employees with company culture.
- Reviews, endorses or makes recommendations for hiring, staff raises, promotions and reclassifications.
- Provides year end performance appraisals for staff.
- Makes recommendations or approves plans for staff training in human resource related issues.
- Directs the dissemination, interpretation and application of company employee policies.
- Maintains processes to ensure overall compliance with regulatory requirements on the federal and state level.
- Ensures staff is kept informed of changes and updates.
- Interacts with company management and employees to provide guidance, assistance and expertise on all related benefits including workers compensation insurance.
- Provides consultative services and/or meets with concerned parties to discuss issues and requests and determine best course of action for effective resolution.
- Prepares and follows budgets for personnel operations.
- Maintains records concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Conducts exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: 5-7 years' experience in human resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
- Management of personnel resources
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Judgment and decision making
Please understand due to the high volume of responses we can only contact those most qualified for the position.
Thank you for applying and we will be happy to contact you if any other appropriate jobs become available