Human Resources Director – Orange, CT
We’re OperationsInc, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm based in Norwalk, CT. Since 2001, OperationsInc has been supporting a base of over 1,000 clients with their diverse and evolving HR needs.
Our client a privately-held growing company with approximately 300 employees – 2/3 of which are Sales and Customer Service focused. This position resides in Orange, CT and the ideal candidate lives within a daily commutable distance from Orange. In addition, travel to other office locations (17 locations within the U.S. most on the East Coast) will be required 25% of the time.
Summary: The Human Resources Director will work with executive leadership as a strategic business partner to help facilitate human resource functions across the company and providing support to all departments. This position is responsible for determining and formulating policies and business strategies and providing overall vision and direction to HR programs and activities of the HR department. The employee will be an active business leader, driving a variety of HR functions including employee relations, employment law, performance management, onboarding, headcount and retention, employee engagement, compensation and benefits. In addition, the employee provides management, leadership and direction to the HR staff. The position will be a business partner to the manager of Recruiting, as well as to the managers of Training and Organizational Development, which do not report directly to HR.
Essential Job Functions:
Advise and consult at a senior level to executives and all levels of employees on HR related topics.
Facilitate and provide guidance and consultation to managers and management teams in all HR matters, which may include HR implementation strategy and prioritization, policy/practice interpretation, and strategic workforce planning.
Direct and oversee department staff management/ human resource functions, including the development, interpretation, and/or implementation of policies and
procedures to ensure practices and procedures are in adherence to federal and state laws and regulations, ensuring organizational conformity.
Serve as a corporate communicator to all employees.
Facilitate and communicate the documentation process.
Implement HR best practices.
Handle internal or external company grievances.
Participate in coaching, discipline and termination of employees, including preparation of Separation Agreements.
Manage and evaluate the Performance Review Process, and conduct performance reviews on the HR staff.
Oversee and participate in the Classification of Employees, ADA, EEOC, and FMLA requirements.
Oversee the salary and benefits information and manage a competitive compensation plan.
Develop and/or evaluate programs, policies and procedures related to HR matters including health and wellness.
Provide necessary Employee and or Management training on HR laws or as required by law.
Deliver a high level of “customer service” to internal and external customers.
Conduct thorough employee orientations.
Ensure that Job Descriptions are in place and up to date for every position.
Network with outside people/organizations who can provide HR related assistance.
Establish the overall Human Resource Department direction for short and long term goals.
Provide support and guidance to the hiring, onboarding and recruitment process and organizational development of employees.
Report regularly on the status of the organization as it relates to HR.
Budget for HR expenses and monitor regularly for adherence.
Education and Qualifications
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources from an accredited university or institution.
- 5-10 years of directly related work experience (human resources, payroll, benefits, etc.).
- HR certification status and or member of SHRM.
- Ability to work at the employer site in Orange, CT and travel up to 25% as needed.
- Ability in developing and implementing high-impact programs.
- Knowledge of human resource policies and practices, compensation and benefits, organizational effectiveness, recruitment and selection, retention strategies, labor relations, employment law, and training and development.
- Experience with HRIS and HR systems.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to provide timely and effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees at all levels within the department.
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues and determine their impacts
- Able to attain goals and objectives, assuming accountability for decisions, action and results.
- Ability in negotiation and conflict resolution techniques.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply laws and regulations in a consistent and straightforward manner.
- Ability to build long-term internal and external relationships critical to the organization.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to maximize the “customer experience” and respond to matters in a timely and cultural way.
- Ability to work in data based software.
- Demonstrated accuracy in software and other electronic options.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and professionally.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
The declarations on the above job description are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send me your resume and salary requirements via this service.