We’re OperationsInc, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm based in Norwalk, CT. Since 2001, OperationsInc has been supporting a base of over 1,400 clients with their diverse and evolving HR needs.
Our client, a distributor of specialty chemicals used in a broad spectrum of industries including Flavor and Fragrance, Personal Care, Water Treatment, Pharmaceuticals, Nutritional Products, etc., is seeking a Regulatory Assistant to add to their team in Southern Fairfield County.
The Regulatory Assistant provides a variety of tasks in support of their commitment to regulatory compliance. A large portion of the role is comprised of detail-oriented work to ensure the accuracy of product documents.
- Update/edit files such as Certificates of Authenticity (CoAs), Safety Data Sheets (SDSs), and Spec Sheets to support regulatory functions
- Work with Customer Service and Sales to provide necessary assistance and documentation for customers in reference to regulatory aspects and customer requests
- Maintain customer-related files in the computer system
- Assist Regulatory Manager and department with various tasks
- Assist with the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD) Responsible Distribution program as needed to keep company in compliance
- Continuously accumulate more knowledge and training in appropriate areas
- Work proactively on customer relationship building
- Work as a collaborative team member to contribute to the department’s smooth operation
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree strongly preferred, but not required
- At least 1-2 years’ experience within a professional work environment strongly preferred
- Prior experience within the pharmaceutical or chemical industries ideal
- Some legal background ideal
- Sound working knowledge of computers and relevant software applications, i.e., Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat. Familiarity with Chempax a plus.
- Knowledge of the import and export, distribution, and/or chemicals industries desirable
- Familiarity with regulatory agencies (DOT, FDA, EPA, ATF, DEA, etc.) and their rules strongly desired
- Familiarity with chemical properties and documentation ideal
- Detail oriented, demonstrated desire to learn, and ability to absorb complex and nuanced information quickly
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of stakeholders
Have we described a role that you have been seeking, along with a set of skills that you possess? If so we’d like to hear from you immediately. Please send your resume to email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Our client provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status or genetics.
Apply for Import Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly