Inside Sales Representative
Lex Products, LLC has an Inside Sales Representative (ISR) opportunity for an effective communicator to serve as trusted solution provider for our customers’ diverse power distribution needs. Working within Lex’s sales team, ISRs help manage existing customer accounts while prospecting for new opportunities. By learning our customers’ needs and being the “face of our customers” to internal departments, ISRs promote Lex’s products in a manner that makes us the Company of Choice in our marketplaces.
This position will be located either out of our Shelton, CT or Sun Valley, CA office based on company need and the successful applicant’s residence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Understand the needs and expectations of the customers and provide relevant solutions.
- Team with the Territory Manager to meet/exceed monthly sales targets.
- Promote customer satisfaction through open communication and relationship building.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a prompt, accurate and sincere manner.
- Follow up on all quotes (over the minimum amount determined by management) in a timely and effective manner with the goal of getting orders.
- Answer a high volume of in-bound calls and email inquiries daily.
- Develop new accounts from prospect to customer by establishing and nurturing interest in Lex Products. Keep track of this progress in the CRM system.
- Maintain relationships with existing accounts by proactively calling to anticipate their needs.
- Translate the customers’ needs to the quoting specialist so that winning quotations can be produced.
- Interact with departments that are involved in the sales process to close sales, relay competitive information or to support customer needs.
- Complete and return weekly progress reports as directed by manager.
- Maintain an organized, up-to-date quote funnel.
- Update and organize the prospect management system.
- Administer Customer Master Files to keep information up to date with customer preferences and technical documents.
- Actively participate in, daily situational, weekly sales meetings with the sales team; and, monthly one-on-one progress report meetings with the department manager.
- Continually expand ones knowledge about Lex’s products and professional skill set in order to provide our customers excellent service.
- Complete other duties that help Lex meet our customers’ needs.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience working for a company selling design-to-order electrical products is preferred.
- Experience in Entertainment or Industrial applications is preferred.
- Experience using an Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) ex. SAP, Oracle, Microsoft NAV, Made2Manage.
- BS/BA preferred. HS Diploma/ GED Required.
- Electrical license or field technician certificate is a plus.
- Ability to fill the role of consultative salesperson and become a trusted advisor to Lex’s customers.
- Consistent performance excellence within a fast paced work environment
- Must be willing to make initial contact with a prospect.
- Must be highly accountable to commitments made to internal and external customers.
- Strong oral and written communication; good spelling, grammar and attention to accuracy
- High level of professionalism and a consistent, reliable work ethic
- Exceptional computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Internet.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and perform well under pressure.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work within a team and independently
- Sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines on a daily basis
- An attention to detail and a drive to reach/exceed sales goal targets
- Strong problem solving skills and troubleshooting ability
- Ability to extend a professional image through a high level of personal integrity and a strong work ethic
- Empathetic interpersonal interaction
- Problem solving/analytical and basic math skills
- Ability to sit for long periods of time at a desktop computer
Lex Products LLC
Lex Products LLC is a leading manufacturer of innovative power distribution and control systems designed to withstand rough use and harsh environments. Through Lex’s portable power systems (including distribution boxes, cable assemblies, work lighting, cable protectors, etc.) we provide our entertainment, industrial and military customers the energy needed to successfully accomplish their goals. To learn more, see our web site at www.lexproducts.com.
Along with an attractive compensation structure Lex offers a complete benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) match and incentive/bonus programs.
Lex Products is an EOE/AA Employer
Lex Products is a Drug Free Equal Opportunity Employer
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities who can perform the position’s essential job functions.
To apply forward resumes to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15421481