- Job Board
Dynamic and innovative software development has propelled Interactive Brokers to 1st place in the Barron's Magazine "Electronic Broker" ranking for three years in a row.
We're growing our team -- so if you're a high-energy, self-starting Java software engineer, Interactive Brokers is the place for you. We take pride in providing our global client base with cutting-edge trading applications.
Interactive Brokers was founded by a software engineer to rewrite the rules of trading by automating anything and everything. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows. Our engineers work with the latest technology, command respect in the firm, and have competitive compensation packages.
- Brokerage platform development -- front and or back-end, depending on experience.
- Front end: Java Swing. End-user facing trading platform.
- Back end: Core Java. Data model and transport layers. Multithreaded/high throughput. XML.
- Bachelor's in EE, CS, Math, Physics or similar (Masters/Ph.D. a plus).
- Technically oriented, proactive, and enthusiastic, with extreme attention to detail.
- 0-3 years' Java experience.
- Knowledge of core Java.
- Knowledge of Java Swing and or strong desire to learn Java Swing.
- English written/verbal communication skills.
- Mobile software development a plus.
About the Company
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is an automated electronic broker and market maker in equities, options, futures, bonds and foreign exchange around the world. With over $12 billion in market capitalization, IBKR trades 9% of the listed equity options volume worldwide, executing, clearing, settling and accounting for over one million trades per day. The Company's brokerage operations are conducted by its Interactive Brokers subsidiaries and its proprietary market-making operations are conducted by its Timber Hill subsidiaries. IBKR employs approximately 1,100 people and is based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Interactive Brokers ("IB") is the largest U.S. broker, measured by trades, offering direct access electronic trade execution and clearing for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IB serves more than 330 thousand customers in trading securities, commodities and foreign exchange in 23 currencies on over 100 market centers in 24 countries around the world. The firm leverages highly automated systems it builds for all aspects of its business to maintain a low-cost base as the business expands. The business is in a stage of rapid growth.
 Figures as of December 31, 2015. Information on the company can be found at