Payroll Associate- 24 Month BI Contract
Description:Description\: Responsible for processing payroll in accordance with company policy and related activities. This includes monitoring and updating master data in SAP related to time files, additional payments & deductions, processing garnishments, performing audits and analytics, issuing off cycle checks and wires, responding to inquires, and maintaining employee records. As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees. Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Process bi-weekly, semi-monthly and bonus payrolls according to schedule and checklists, including creating direct deposit file, 401k outbound file, paper checks, and general ledger postings.
- Auditing 401k cap & roll and overall Payroll prior to issuance.
- Banking activities\: including communication with bank re\: receipt of direct deposit file, positive pay upload for checks and daily banking activities for rejects, incorrect account numbers or stop payments.
- Loading time files, 401k election and loan change files into SAP.
- Auditing and entering Tuition Reimbursement and Advances into SAP.
- Interpreting, calculating, deducting, remitting and monitoring Garnishments.
- Calculate off cycle pay, request wires, enter wire amount into SAP, and for terminated employees, mail paystub.
- Work directly with HR Direct related to payroll issues as a result of STD,FMLA, or any other area.
- Managing the Services Payroll mail box. Includes responding to employee inquires and business/cross functional partner inquiries
- Year end uploads and reconciliations for Personal use of company auto, Golden Achievements, President's Club, Non Cash Awards, Non Qualified Deferred Compensation Plan, and Mandatory Puerto Rico Christmas Bonuses.
- Bachelors' Degree in Business Administration and/or related field or equivalent years of experience in Payroll
- Three plus (3+) years experience in Payroll environment
- Strong organizational, analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills required
- SAP experience is a plus
- Strong customer service skills and quality orientation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality