CNA - (Full-time 40 hrs.) 2nd Shift available
For over 40 years, Jewish Senior Services has been a leader and trusted provider of skilled nursing and senior care services.
Through the years, the needs of seniors and the community have changed and we have responded by introducing community programs with “Jewish Senior Services” as the umbrella for our services. Our vision is to be the premier provider to support individuals and families.
Summary: Provides assigned residents with quality daily nursing care in accordance with the Jewish Senior Services core values and within established guidelines under the direction of a licensed nurse.
Reports To: Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Assistant Nurse Manager, Nurse Manager, Clinical Nurse Leader, Nursing Supervisor, Nursing Director
Titles Supervised: n/a
Positions include working every other weekend.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides basic nursing care and assists residents with Activities of Daily Living.
2. Observes residents for any changes in their condition and reports changes promptly to the charge nurse.
3. Documents care and observations accurately and in a timely manner.
4. Follows standard precautions while delivering care and keeps residents area clean and organized. Uses equipment in a safe manner according to facility policy and manufacturers recommendations.
5. Participates in the care plan process. Follows the resident’s individual plan of care.
6. Responds to resident needs promptly.
7. Maintains cooperative relationships by providing support and activities and assistance to co-workers to insure quality resident/patient care.
8. Contributes to and promotes positive resident and family relationships.
9. Follows facility policies and procedures.
10. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
11. Participates in educational and in-service meetings to update knowledge of techniques, guidelines and regulations. Attends all mandatory programs.
12. Successfully completes Clinical Competencies for Certified Nursing Assistants.
13. All other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: 6 months - 1 year experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant in a Long Term Care environment preferred
- Licensure: n/a
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile residents within the facility. Ability to handle multiple demands and deadlines; Ability to read and communicate effectively; Ability to utilize various software packages to carryout position responsibilities.
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.