CNA/Float - 2:45pm-11:15pm (Per Diem)
For over 40 years, Jewish Senior Services has been a leader and trusted provider of skilled nursing and senior care services.
Through the years, the needs of seniors and the community have changed and we have responded by introducing community programs with “Jewish Senior Services” as the umbrella for our services. Our vision is to be the premier provider to support individuals and families.
Summary: Provides assigned Residents with quality daily nursing care in accordance with the Jewish Senior Services policies and core values and within established guidelines under the direction of a licensed nurse.
Reports To: Salsa, Designee, License Nurse
Titles Supervised: n/a
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides basic nursing care and assists Residents with Activities of Daily Living as directed from Resident care plans which may include medication reminders and or assistance according to State Regulations.
2. Assists with meal set up and preparation for all meals and snacks. Assists with clean up following all meals and maintain upkeep of dining room, common areas and apartments.
3. Assists with laundry and light housekeeping as needed.
4. Assists with recreational, social activities and programming as needed or assigned.
5. Follows standard precautions while delivering care and keeps Residents area clean and organized.
6. Responds to Resident needs promptly.
7. Observes Residents for any changes in their condition and reports changes promptly to the licensed nurse on duty.
8. Communicates to other departments as Resident’s needs arise during the shift.
9. Documents care and observations accurately and in a timely manner.
10. Participates in the care plan process and review. Participates in team meetings and shift reports.
11. Maintains cooperative relationships by providing support and assistance to co-workers to ensure optimal quality of care/service.
12. Contributes to and promotes positive Resident and family relationships.
13. Adheres to policies and procedures of Jewish Senior Services.
14. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
15. Participates in educational and in-service meetings to update knowledge of techniques, guidelines and regulations. Attends all mandatory programs.
16. Successfully completes Clinical Competencies for Certified Nursing Assistants including Medication Management Training.
17. All other related duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 6 months - 1 year experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant in a hospital, home care or similar health care setting