Receptionist (Per Diem)
For over 40 years, Jewish Senior Services has been a leader and trusted provider of skilled nursing and senior care services.
Through the years, the needs of seniors and the community have changed and we have responded by introducing community programs with “Jewish Senior Services” as the umbrella for our services. Our vision is to be the premier provider to support individuals and families.
Responsible for the Bennett desk during the evening/weekend and other flexible hours. This includes answering phones, greeting visitors, directing visitors and special projects.
Reports To: Supervisor, Switchboard/Reception
Titles Supervised: None
Hours Per Week: Per Diem
1. Provides excellent customer service, assistance, guidance, and direction to visitors and resident/patients. Ascertains the nature of their business; assist and/or direct visitors to various locations. Calls for an escort when necessary.
2. Receives messages, flowers and other items; notifies appropriate personnel. Arranges for the delivery of items to residents/patients and appropriate personnel.
3. Handles incoming emergencies, following established policies and procedures, notifies and directs appropriate personnel and follows all established security procedures, monitoring residents with wander guard bracelets.
4. Serves as “hand holder” to upset residents and patients. Reports issues of importance to applicable department head and supervisor.
5. Assists with overflow of work projects from Front Office, i.e. labeling, folding, and stuffing of envelopes, etc., projects from other departments, and updates Bennett activity board.
6. Participates in educational programs and inservice meetings. Train other receptionist upon request.
7. Maintains all established departmental and facility policies. Maintains high level of confidentially.
8. When at Kuriansky, assist Adult Day Clients when necessary.
9. Other related duties as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or GED
Ability to handle multiple demands and deadlines; Ability to communicate effectively; Ability to utilize various software packages to carryout position responsibilities.
Physical and Mental Demands:
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.