SR Scientist-Protein Structure Determination
Description:Description\:Structural biologist to enable and provide X-ray crystallography support to NCE projects through the use of structure-based design approaches at all stages of the NCE discovery process As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees. Duties & Responsibilities\:
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background Must be 18 years of age or olderOur Culture\:Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines. Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations. At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc., Roxane Laboratories Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. and Ben Venue Laboratories Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers.
- Enable and provide experimental structural input and support that drives NCE projects to achieve milestone goals
- Maintain all appropriate notebook records of all studies and satisfy all normal lab SOP requirements.
- Strong technical skills in protein crystallization and protein crystallography
- Experience in preparing and characterizing protein samples for crystallization
- Demonstrated expertise in the design and implementation of crystallization trials.
- Demonstrated expertise in the collection and interpretation of X-ray crystallography co-structure data to support NCE optimization.
- Experience with high-throughput crystallography platforms a plus.
- Experience in the preparation and crystallization of membrane proteins a plus.
- Experience with protein biophysical characterizations and screening a plus.
- Strong academic performance demonstrating a track record of high-quality, innovative research.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and good presentation skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, team environment.
- PhD or equivalent experience in a related field
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of field
- Appropriate level of understanding of applicable regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in an inter-disciplinary environment