Night Concierge - Atria Stamford
Overview: Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 180 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 13,500 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world. To learn more about Atria, or to find an Atria community near you, please visit . Responsibilities:
- Patrols buildings and grounds of community.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine they are secure.
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles. Maintains general security involving local authorities as needed.
- Inspects equipment to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- Permits authorized persons to enter property.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
- Performs light routine maintenance and housekeeping duties as schedule allows.
- Operates various pieces of equipment such as: fire alarm enunciator & monitoring system, emergency call system monitoring board, wet-vac & floor care equipment, routine housekeeping & maintenance equipment, etc.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience handling emergencies and routine maintenance and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must successfully complete all Atria specified training programs.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.