Part-Time ASPIRE Curriculum Specialist
Family & Children’s Agency (FCA) is a leading, nonprofit human service organization committed to building better lives by increasing the social and emotional wellbeing of our clients. We provide strength based solution focused services that meet the needs of our clients throughout the life cycle including children, families, youth, adults and seniors. Our acquired knowledge and skill has also enabled us to be responsive to the changing needs in the communities we serve.
Our Mission is to partner with individuals, families, organizations and communities to build better lives
We are searching for a Part-Time Curriculum Specialist to join our ASPIRE Program:
The ASPIRE Middle School Component’s mission is to improve the lives of Norwalk’s at-risk middle school youth by enabling their successful transition into high school and increasing their ability to be productive, independent young adults. The program meets five days a week during the school year from 3:00-5:30pm at Norwalk Community College and is open to Norwalk middle school students who meet the program criteria. The program focuses on academic support, enrichment, life skills, and leadership development.
The ASPIRE Curriculum Specialist works as part of a team to provide after school services to 50 middle school students and their families. The Curriculum Specialist is responsible for the overall implementation of the academic portion of the ASPIRE program and the ongoing development of individualized academic plans for students in the program, and regular communication with the schools for purposes of assisting the students. This is a part-time 20 hour/week position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist ASPIRE staff in implementing ongoing academic support to the students in the program based on each child’s individual academic needs
- Work with partner schools to ascertain current curriculum content area
- Collaborate with ASPIRE leadership to align academic interventions with NPS curriculum and individual student needs
- Develop organizational systems to monitor student progress
- Develop and implement academic enrichment program
- Interface with community resources as necessary to meet the goals of the program
- MA in Education or related field (preferred) or BA in Education or related field
- Driver’s licenses and own transportation.
- Must have awareness of the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of clients served and an ability to work well with low-income families.
- Dependable, consistent, and patient.
- Computer proficiency (Outlook, Microsoft Office)
- First Aid and CPR (adult and child) certified (can be obtained once hired).
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Knowledge about the Norwalk community and resources available a plus.
We are proud to have been named as the #1 Medium Sized Workplace in Southern Connecticut by Hearst Media in 2016. We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits.
Candidates may apply by visiting the employment section of our website. Please be prepared with your cover letter and resume when you begin the application process. http://www.familyandchildrensagency.org/employment/