Senior Analyst / Manager, Strategic Planning & Analysis
Priceline.com – a part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), a highly profitable global online travel company with a market capitalization of over $60 billion – is looking for a Senior Analyst or Manager to join its Financial Planning & Analysis team. The individual will report directly to the Senior Director of FP&A and serve as an integral member of a small, newly hired team with a mission to rebuild and rebrand priceline.com FP&A as go-to strategic thought partners within the organization.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial setting and embody the drive and skill set necessary to hit the ground running as a strategic business partner, providing financial and operational analytic support to multiple product teams within the priceline.com business. The successful candidate will serve as the analytical thought leader for the products teams he/she supports. Key analyses will include but are not limited to setting annual operating plans, monthly/quarterly actuals vs. forecast variances, longer term strategic planning and ad hoc analytics. While this position initially has no direct reports, the Sr. Analyst / Manager will be expected to lead cross-functional projects and analysis of financial and operational data. He/She will also be expected to summarize and communicate the results to senior management and product team leads. This position has the potential to significantly add to the top and bottom line for priceline.com.
The role’s key priorities include:
- Leading strategic analyses for business partners.
- Developing and building robust driver based forecasting models.
- Building industry/company knowledge and developing a strong understanding of financial metrics.
- Supporting the measurement of relevant key performance indicators.
- Working across the team to build reporting infrastructure, and helping develop new FP&A processes and analytics that drive value add for all stakeholders.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline from a top tier institution; MBA is a plus
- Minimum 2-3 years of related professional experience; investment banking or management consulting background strongly preferred but not required. Prior FP&A experience is a plus
- Extensive Excel modeling experience required; knowledge of Hyperion, Tableau and SQL is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, co-ordinate the efforts of others, as well as work well with people of a wide range of levels