Chief Plant Operator
Leads and supervises the daily performance of Power Plant personnel. Performs preventative maintenance, emergency corrective and routine repairs to electrical, mechanical and HVAC Plant equipment. Assists the Director of Facilities in matters of performance reviews and discipline, and other personnel issues. Contributes to the department efforts with maintaining an effective organization, administering monetary controls, budget development, planning and training of personnel.
- 1. Schedules and provides daily direction to assigned personnel.
- 2. Oversees the requisitioned, corrective, emergency and preventative maintenance of buildings, equipment and offsite facilities associated with the hospital.
- 3. Reviews maintenance requests and schedules work tasks for shift engineers checking to see that they are properly executed within a reasonable length of time. This includes requisitioned, corrective and emergency maintenance. Ensures that work sites are left clean and that tools are returned to the tool crib. Makes periodic inspections, noting general condition and keeps the Facilities Director informed regarding the needs and/or changes required to keep the hospital in a safe, well maintained condition.
- 4. Orders selected stock items such as plumbing supplies, steam system parts, control system components, electrical and equipment parts so as to maintain maximum efficiency levels at all times according to established procedures.
- 5. Performs requisitioned, corrective, emergency and preventative maintenance of electrical distribution, mechanical, HVAC, power generation, plumbing and medical gas systems and building structures as required. Responsible for inspecting, calibrating, adjusting, lubricating and repairing or replacing components as necessary, Maintains records of maintenance repairs. The Chief responds to all emergency situations.
- 6. Diagnoses system malfunctions on mechanical and electrical equipment. Repairs or replaces defective parts as necessary.
- 7. Maintains appropriate records to ensure compliance with state, federal and Joint Commission regulations.
- 8. Develops annual capital equipment and operating budgets. Fosters adherence to same.
- 9. Reports as required to the Facilities Director regarding the general condition of hospital physical plant systems and equipment and the general progress of work being accomplished.
- 10. Assists in the training of personnel in the operation and repair of equipment.
High school or equivalent trade school.
3-5 years in related power plant operations experience.
State of CT OE-2 License required or ability to acquire in 12 months.. S or D License may be acceptable depending upon experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects , tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand ; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Located on the southwestern corner of the Connecticut shore, Greenwich Hospital offers a unique setting where the friendly attitude and personal touch of a community hospital merge with the leading-edge technologies, extensive resources and tremendous opportunities of a prestigious health care network. The result is a dynamic and rewarding environment for nursing and allied health professionals at every level of experience.
Our dedication to meeting the changing needs of our community has spurred remarkable growth and expansion over the past decade, culminating in 2006 with the opening of the Olive and Thomas J. Watson, Jr. Pavilion and the dedication of the Carl and Dorothy Bennett Community Garden. With these and other comfortable, state-of-the-art facilities, Greenwich Hospital is ideally poised to provide a comprehensive range of services to the people of lower Fairfield County, CT and Westchester County, NY.