Family & Children’s Agency (FCA) is a leading, nonprofit human service organization committed to building better lives by increasing the social and emotional wellbeing of our clients. We provide strength based solution focused services that meet the needs of our clients throughout the life cycle including children, families, youth, adults and seniors. Our acquired knowledge and skill has also enabled us to be responsive to the changing needs in the communities we serve.
Our Mission is to partner with individuals, families, organizations and communities to build better lives
We are searching for a Part-Time Clinician to join our MOMS Program:
The MOMS Program provides in-home services for at-risk pregnant and parenting women and their families. MOMS aims to teach positive parenting skills, promote healthy child development and empower mothers to become self-sufficient. To do so, the program offers home visitation, brief in-home therapy and psychoeducational groups for clients.
The MOMS Clinician will work up to 15 hours per week providing brief (10-12 sessions) in-home Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. The Clinician will work with pregnant and parenting women to:
- Decrease symptoms of depression/anxiety
- Build positive coping strategies to improve mental health
- Understand the link between maternal mental health and social-emotional development in children
- Establish linkages to community resources, including referrals to long-term therapy when needed
The MOMS Clinician will work in collaboration with the MOMS Home Visitor to ensure the clinical and basic needs of families are met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide brief (10-12 sessions), in-home therapy using a solution focused, CBT framework
- Assist clients in gaining insight regarding personal history (including trauma history), healthy attachment and current parenting practices
- Develop treatment plans for all clients and maintain accurate and timely case notes
- Participate in one hour of clinical supervision per week
- Work a flexible schedule to accommodate family schedules
- Maintain a caseload of up to 12 clients at a time
- Collaborate with the MOMS Home Visitor to coordinate care
- Lead a minimum of one six-week psychoeducational group for MOMS clients.
- Participate in other clinical and administrative activities as appropriate
- Master’s level behavioral health provider (e.g., LCSW, LMFT, LPC etc.) licensed in Connecticut.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (required)
- Experience working with culturally diverse children and families
- Knowledge of cognitive behavioral therapy; parent-child relationships and attachment theory; effects of trauma and environmental risks on early childhood brain development, especially violence exposure, maternal depression, and substance abuse; and community-level risk factors (e.g., poverty, homelessness).
- Knowledge and experience working with adults with mental health, substance abuse, and cognitive challenges.
- Experience providing home-based services
- Family engagement and empowerment skills
- Proficiency in making sustainable connections with families to local community agencies
- Highly organized, self-motivated, reliable, and flexible (including willingness to work nontraditional hours).
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to communicate well verbally and in writing
We are proud to have been named as the #1 Medium Sized Workplace in Southern Connecticut by Hearst Media in 2016. We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits.
Candidates may apply by visiting the employment section of our website. Please be prepared with your cover letter and resume when you begin the application process. http://www.familyandchildrensagency.org/employment/