DescriptionThe Senior Quantitative Analyst in Credit Card Portfolio Management and Acquisitions is a key member of the team that leads the portfolio risk management activities for Citizens Credit Card portfolio. The responsibilities for this position include: research and development of quantitative strategies in authorizations, credit line optimization, and account reissues and closure; track, identify, and evaluate opportunities to improve card portfolio, including design of champion/challenger test; collaborate with colleagues around the organization, as well as external vendors; support programs initiated by business partners across the company; perform statistical analysis for various structured and ad hoc projects to support other risk managers in order to achieve overall risk management strategic objectives.The successful candidate should have a strong quantitative background, product analytics experience, a deep understanding of basic statistical concepts (hypothesis testing, confidence intervals, design of experiments, sample size determination, statistical significance etc.), strong excel modeling experience and familiarity addressing business problems through fact based and scientific analytics preferred.Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Perform deep dive analytics including Cohort analysis, segmentation exercises, credit loss projections and ad-hoc analysis that would provide insights to the business.Develop and execute credit risk strategies that support pricing, credit line optimization, credit card reissue, payment fraud prevention strategies and inactive credit card closure strategies. Must have excellent analytical skills, including ability to query databases, sort through complex data to crystallize business implications, and drive value for the business Lead/participate in analytical projects. Facilitate meetings, assign/produce action items; work with business partners across the organization and with external vendors, with special attention to deadlines and interdependent projects across the enterprise.Make observations and implement recommendations that contribute to a strong regulatory (internal and external) environment.Reporting on monthly Key Performance Indicator(KPI) metrics for the portfolio
- At least 2 years of risk analytical experience; preferably in consumer finance or at least 5 years of experience in a related quantitative field with a proven track record of addressing business problems through fact based and scientific analytics
- SAS programming skills and SQL experience.
- Experience working in fast-paced and agile environments
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills, comfortable working with ambiguity, adapt easily to changes and to fast pace environment.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelors Degree or Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Engineering, or related quantitative field
#LI-KP1 Why Work with UsAt Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment OpportunityIt is the policy of Citizens Bank and Citizens Securities, Inc. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.#LI-KP1