External Wholesaler/Business Development
The Wholesaler role includes calling on Financial Advisors and selling separately managed accounts. CIM's goal is to be a top provider of municipal bond investment solutions to our clients by offering world class portfolio management, superior value-added and thought leadership tools and pre-eminent client service for our advisors and investors. The Investor Relations professional will be dedicated to increasing the sale of CIM's products through regular telephone presentations and meetings. These conversations should increase a Financial Advisor's knowledge and awareness of CIM's products. Based in Stamford, CT, this individual will be responsible for making proactive calls to clients and prospects while managing an assigned territory within the US. Primary client interaction is by telephone as well as travel to client sites. The investor relations position is a fast paced challenging sales role for self-motivated and driven sales professionals.
• Conduct proactive telephone and in-person sales presentations to top tier advisors highlighting CIM's products and value proposition.
• Partner with President to drive sales and assets and build relationships with advisors through execution of a defined territory plan and sales process.
• Effectively profile advisors to understand their practice, clients and investment process to identify needs and to position CIM investment solutions and services to meet those needs.
• Provide portfolio construction and practice management support to financial advisors to help them strengthen their client relationships and grow their business.
• Execute consistent follow up with advisors to advance the sales process and deepen advisor relationships.
• Demonstrate organized, efficient and effective territory management and phone skills on a consistent basis.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Financial services industry and sales experience preferred
• Established relationships with independent RIA and bulge bracket financial services distribution channels.
• Bachelors degree and strong academic background required
• Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills required
• Demonstrated knowledge of fixed income/municipal bonds preferred
• Strong organization and time management skills required
• Strong interest in sales and the financial markets required
• Series 65 registration preferred
Company Description Clinton Investment Management specializes in the professional management of municipal bond portfolios on behalf of High-Net-Worth, Ultra-high-Net-Worth, and Institutional investors. Our firm's goal is to be a top provider of municipal bond investment solutions to our clients by offering world class portfolio management, superior value-added thought leadership, and preeminent client service for our advisors and investors.