Product Development Engineer
Towne & Locke is seeking an experienced Product Development Engineer to join our client's growing team in Shelton, CT . This position offers $75,000 - $120,000+ per year plus bonus and profit sharing , insurance benefits, 401K, paid time off etc.
Apply knowledge of engineering, biology, and biomechanical principles to the design and development of new products to include implants, instrumentation and MIS systems. Senior Product Development Engineers are those possessing over 7 years of professional experience as Product Development Engineers.
- Conceptualize, design and develop new products that will include implants, instrumentation and MIS systems
- Design products using solid modeling and drafting conventions
- Evaluate designs using FEA and DFM techniques
- Prototype and test designs using rapid prototyping techniques, mechanical testing equipment as well as pre-clinical animal and human cadaveric models
- Develop and document products consistent with FDA/ISO quality system requirements
- Manage projects to meet budget and timing objectives
- Provide input and support for patent filings
- Ability to independently apply theoretical technical principles to product design as typically gained through a 4-year technical degree and design experience. Senior
- Product Development Engineers will preferably possess over 7 years of design experience.
- Strong solid modeling ability.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand what the customer is looking for.
- Capability to fabricate, assemble and test prototype models.
- Basic computer skills with familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Utilizing either written or oral format, effectively communicate critical design/project information to customers.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
Experience And Education:
- B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent;
- 3-5 yrs Experience in hips/knees/orthopedics
- Experience doing project management activities
- Knowledge of SolidWorks, ProE, Unigraphics (not all, but one or two of them would be good)
Towne & Locke is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Towne & Locke is a National Recruiting Firm headquartered in New York City and specializes in Finance, Sales, and I.T. positions (all aspects and levels).