King Industries is actively seeking to hire entry level chemical engineers with Co-Op experience. The role of the Shift Engineer requires candidates to have a strong academic background combined with the ability to manage personnel, maintain a positive safety climate, and meet production.
1. Skills Required:
- Must be able to work effectively across multiple functions.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Creative problem solving capabilities.
- Analytical thinker with a focus on details to identify unrealized process gains.
- Ability to develop subordinates through coaching, counseling, and delegation.
- Superior eye towards Safety, Health and Environmental (SH&E), setting the example of excellence through demonstrated Attitudes, Awareness of procedure and surroundings, and Action to proactively deliver SH&E excellence. (Triple AAA program)
2. Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Relevant Internship experience is a plus.
3. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface directly with the Shift Supervisors to maintain operational discipline for 2nd and 3rd shift regarding manufacturing, housekeeping, and environmental procedure compliance. Perform audits in these areas on a daily basis.
- Interface daily with the Plant Manager to gain an understanding of the Production Scheduling Priorities to be able to provide direction to resolve production or laboratory conflicts on the 2nd and 3rd shifts.
- Provide technical oversight to the production plant and QC laboratory personnel to help troubleshoot process or analytical issues. Facilitate resolution to any out of range, or abnormal raw material charging and product blending request. Set sample priorities for the Laboratory on 2nd and 3rd shift based on know plant production priority.
- Review production goals for 2nd and 3rd shift by participating in the shift turnover meetings, and follow-up during the shift to measure performance opposite the goals. This will include receiving input from the Health & Safety Manager to establish the objectives and monitor the performance of the Safety Emergency Response Technicians (SERTs) on the off shifts.
- Provide daily observation of production buildings working closely with operators to identify, troubleshoot, create work orders, and adjust batch sheets through management of change (MOC) procedures.
- Assist the production department to find opportunities to improve the management and reduction of process materials rework and follow-up on Non-Conformance.
- Work closely with Plant Manager, Operations, Engineering, and Quality Control to identify and prioritize opportunities for process improvements.
- Recommend modification to batch production sheets to improve batch performance considering safety & environmental, cross-contamination and cleanout, raw material handling, energy consumption, batch cycle time, and product quality enhancements.
- Assist the production department in the training and certification of production operators and mechanics.
- As directed assist with implementation of PSM/PHA action item recommendations.
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org