King Industries is actively looking to hire a Regulatory Specialist in our Regulatory department.
The ideal candidates should have a Bachelor or Masters of Science degree in Chemistry, Biology, Toxicology or Environmental sciences, as well as a minimum of two to three years of relevant work experience in a chemical company.
Responsibilities will include authoring and generating Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and labels in compliance with global regulations, providing timely responses, including written and verbal communication to internal and external customers assisting in chemical registration, notification and reporting required under US and other countries’ chemical regulations and performing various other functions related to the Regulatory Affairs department of a specialty chemicals business. The job requires solid understanding of Chemistry, trouble-shooting of compliance related issues, high level of computer skills and a knack for conducting online research.
Regulatory Specialist- Job Description
- Skills Required
- Excellent skills in Excel, regulatory databases and IT tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with MSDgen or other SDS authoring software, IUCLID6, EPA’s PMN and CDR submission tools, ECHA’s dossier submission tools and REACH databases, NCI Global, SciFinder, etc. is required in order to perform this job successfully. Although prior experience with these tools is not required, the candidate must be able to learn new technologies quickly and be able to develop expertise on her/his own.
- Must be detail-oriented, have excellent organization skills and be able to independently plan activities based upon company priorities; must possess ability to work well and interface with diverse groups of individuals and teams; demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
2. Education and Requirements:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Chemistry, Biology, Toxicology or Environmental Sciences.
- Two to three years relevant work experience in a chemical company is a plus.
3. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates SDS and labels applying various countries’ regulations, such as CLP, OSHA’s hazcom standard, Chinese GHS, etc. Determines hazard classification of chemicals and mixtures, utilizing information from all available sources.
- Provides written and verbal communication in response to internal and external customer inquiries on SDSs, labels and other general regulatory compliance matters.
- Performs registration, notification and reporting under TSCA (LSCA), EU REACH, Korean REACH, Canadian DSL, etc.
- Prepares and maintains internal records for demonstrating compliance with all global regulations.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org