1 day left
- Job Board
Carpenter - Job Description
King Industries, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Carpenter. In this role, you will assist with repairing and installing preventative maintenance of buildings and facilities through-out, assist with moving installation and rigging of equipment on all elevations. As a carpenter at King Industries, you will be part of the company’s maintenance department which already has a staff of two carpenters.
- Basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, and multiplication).
- Ability to read and respond to written instructions.
- Knowledge of carpentry techniques, tools, supplies, and equipment.
- Mechanical ability to repair and maintain buildings and facilities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge as a carpenter craftsman.
- Trade school or letter of recommendation from former employer of experience and abilities, (sheet metal experience considered but not required).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Shore overseas trucks for shipment and construction of special projects.
- Repair, install and preventive maintenance of buildings and facilities through-out the plant year round.
- Moving, installation and rigging of equipment on all elevations.
- Comply with company safety programs.
- Participates in company wide effort to promote quality assurance in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001.
- Maintain a general knowledge of with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 requirements.
About the Company-
For over 80 years, King Industries has been supplying specialty chemical producers to a variety of industries that are performance driven with ever changing needs. The product portfolio includes catalysts, rust and corrosion inhibitors, dispersants, rheology modifiers, surface control additives, synthetic base oils and base oil modifiers, and specialty additives for lubricant oils. Located in Norwalk, Connecticut, King Industries offers competitive salaries and benefits, including 401(k).
- Competitive Pay + Overtime availability
- Steady Work & Growth Potential
- Preventative based medical coverage
- Dental benefits
- Two weeks paid vacation (after six months of employment). Three weeks paid vacation after five years.
- 11 Paid Holidays
- On-site company gym
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Carpenter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly