Mortgage Loan Closer II
Location: Newtown, CT Newtown Savings Bank is seeking an organized, motivated, team player to join our Loan Servicing Department as a Mortgage Loan Closer II. The Closer II is responsible for performing all closing functions relative to residential mortgage loans and home equities, both service retained and service released; homeowner construction loans and consumer loans.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide professional and courteous communication with borrower, closing agent and attorney. Work diligently with closing agent or attorney to resolve any closing/title related issues to ensure timely loan closings.
- Ensure all pre-closing conditions have been satisfied and requested documentation received prior to preparation of closing package including, but not limited to:
- Obtain/review debt monitoring or credit refresh on all mortgage files per secondary market guidelines
- Obtain/review appropriate homeowner, condominium and flood insurance prior to delivery of closing documents. Ensure binder is current, coverage is sufficient (as to the amount of coverage and time frame) and flood zone, if applicable, is accurate.
- Review Title Commitment, E & O, Closing Protection Letter, fees and obtain title clearance from closing agent/attorney.
- Perform Verbal Verification of Employment for borrower(s) according to current employment listed on 1003.
- Request internal payoff statements through CRM database; provide copy to closing agent/attorney.
- Ensure loans in Pre-Close status meet scheduling requirements set by Closing Manager. Confirm closing dates with closing agent/attorney and proactively schedule loans prior to commitment expiration, rate lock expiration and delivery dates.
- Prepare/deliver Closing Disclosures per TILA/RESPA guidelines.
- Accurately review and prepare all types of loan closing documentation including but not limited to mortgage and home equity lines and loans, consumer loans for prompt delivery to closing agent/attorney/branch. Utilize checklist to audit loan prior to providing documents to closing agent/attorney. Ensure closing documents are provided to closing agent/attorney according to department requirements.
- Review closed loan documents for accuracy and proper execution prior to funding. Verify documents received and request missing documentation. Update LOS accordingly.
- Review and prepare wire disbursement requests for timely delivery of funds to closing agent/attorney.
- Responsible for weekly HMDA review to ensure integrity of data collected for government monitoring and reporting purposes. Provide monthly reporting to Closing Manager.
- Assist Closing Manager and Closing Department Supervisor as needed.
- Utilize CRM to update customer records as needed.
- Ensure that customers receive exceptional services.
- Associate's degree or Paralegal Certificate preferred, with a minimum of four-seven years closing or post closing experience in a bank or mortgage company environment.
- Knowledge of closing process and loan documentation preparation of Conventional, FHA, FNMA, FHLMC and CHFA loans.
- Knowledge of state and federal mortgage compliance regulation, including but not limited to, RESPA, TILA, HMDA and MDIA..
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and can prioritize workflow according to departmental needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Any physical demands or work conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full time employees also receive a complete benefit package including a generous 401(k), medical benefits, paid time off, and short and long term disability programs.
Newtown Savings Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, gender, disability status, protected veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin/ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.