Print Production Manager – Direct Wines- Norwalk, CT
We’re OperationsInc, a human resources consulting firm located in Norwalk, CT. A client of ours, Direct Wines, Inc. a dynamic Marketing Company that works with licensed wine retailers throughout the U.S, is seeking a Print Production Manager to add to their growing organization. We have been retained to assist them in their efforts to secure the most qualified candidate
This newly created position will be responsible for the day-to-day workflow of all printing work related to marketing collateral, in-shipment literature and packaging. You will coordinate with marketing, operations, creative and vendors to frame up all specs, materials, timelines and production details of jobs. The Print Production Manager has primary responsibility for managing the process related to production of each project.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the development of projects from the conceptual stage through completion, working in a troubleshooting capacity to ensure that components are produced within budget, on schedule and meet expectations.
- Build and manage schedules for all printed campaigns to ensure key dates are met.
- Actively manage the print proofing process, ensuring all parties required have reviewed and provided changes and/or approval of the piece.
- Oversee quality of pre-press, proofs, printing and finishing, on press when needed.
- Manage color, design integrity, and mail requirements.
- Implement and deliver print production solutions that result in cost savings, process improvement, and quality assurance.
- Actively participate in internal meetings with creative team as a production resource from project initiation through delivery.
- Anticipate risks related to day to day business and on-going implementation needed for new business plans.
- Build reporting to monitor and track production spend and savings relative to budget, forecast and prior year.
- Work with vendors to develop new, innovative and cost-effective formats.
- Work with internal buyer to source and manage premium inventory.
- Work with marketing, web and creative to determine the photography requirements for key recruitment cases and help ensure wines are available for the shoot.
- Conduct an RFP to ensure that we are working with the best printing partner (cost, service, quality and innovation).
- Determine the most efficient systems for internal campaign communication and scheduling
Successful candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in a print production environment
- Knowledge of production techniques including offset lithography, Print on Demand, color management, personalization, direct mail, labels and packaging
- Knowledge of USPS processes, classification and costs
- Basic understanding of In-Design
- Experience in managing new and existing vendor relationships
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Excellent negotiation, influence and conflict management skills
Qualified candidates can respond to this ad via this service. Please provide us with a cover letter and resume, indicating the position for which you are applying + your compensation history/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE ---Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V