Senior Tax Accountant
We’re OperationsInc, a human resources consulting firm located in Norwalk, CT. A client of ours, a Ridgefield & New Canaan based CPA firm, is seeking a Senior TAX Accountant to add to their organization. We have been retained to assist them in their efforts to secure the most qualified candidate.
The Senior TAX Accountant functions in a role between staff accountants and managers/partners to whom the senior reports. The right candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining vital and effective relationships and trust with our clients.
Come join a great group of people in a highly reputable LOCAL firm, NO MORE COMMUTING!
- Prepare complex high-net worth and business tax returns without supervision.
- Researches, develops and documents complicated taxation issues.
- Conducts detailed review on all returns and raises potential tax issues.
- Developed command of pertinent IRC sections and regulations as well as GAAP, other comprehensive areas of accounting, unique or specialized accounting principles and financial statement presentations.
- Proficient in tax research including an in-depth knowledge of the reference sources available via the firm’s online libraries.
- Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Directs and instructs assistants, where applicable, in work to be performed and working paper review.
- Suggests client tax planning ideas to supervisor, manager, or partner.
- Performs the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of supervisors, managers, or partners is kept to a minimum.
- At least three (5) years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks and tax knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Master’s degree in accounting or taxation or the equivalent professional experience.
- A Senior Associate should be working toward a public accountant’s license or another professional license or certification related to their role in the firm.
- If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the American Institute of f CPAs.
Qualified candidates can respond to this ad via this service. Please provide us with a cover letter and resume, indicating the position for which you are applying + your compensation history/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V