Scientist III, Medchem -Compound Profiling
Description:Description\:The Target Enabling Science & Technology (TEST) group of the Small Molecule Discovery Research department is looking for a highly motivated Scientist III to join our effort to develop breakthrough therapeutics that will improve the lives of patients. Expertise in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacology or a related discipline which includes a major emphasis on in vitro ADME assay development and execution is highly desired. The successful candidate will have extensive experience conducting metabolic stability assays and P450 inhibition/induction studies using mass spectrometry-based methods. Automation experience desired by not required. As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees. Duties & Responsibilities\:
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background Must be 18 years of age or olderOur Culture\:Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines. Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations. At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc., Roxane Laboratories Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. and Ben Venue Laboratories Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers.
- Performs assays, processes, or automated procedures from established protocols independently and efficiently.
- Independently plans and executes assays or procedures following established protocols.
- Achieves productivity guidelines.
- Routinely troubleshoots and proposes modifications to improve existing assays, processes, or automated systems; Develops new assays, processes, or automated procedures with guidance.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of assay or automation technology and scientific literature as they relate to assay development for drug discovery.
- Maintains laboratory equipment and supplies and performs HTB related activities.
- Communicates own work in the context of goals within HTB and LI/LO teams.
- Applies new technology and concepts to own work.
- Complies with all required company, R&D, and departmental guidelines, policies, procedures, and training; Performs all work in a safe manner & maintains a safe laboratory environment.
- Lives Lead and Learn principles by contributing to a culture of positive teamwork and continuous improvement; takes initiative in a professional manner by engaging the appropriate people in order to promote effective change while enhancing own skills in relevant areas of drug discovery.
- Master's Degree with 3+ years experience or Bachelor's Degree with 7+ years or equivalent experience in relevant biological or technical field.
- Demonstrated successful independent assay development and automation laboratory experience and experience with multiple examples of laboratory technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of assay-related technology and data analysis and ability to independently follow established protocols.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Appropriate level of understanding of applicable regulations.