Family Centers Inc. is seeking a certified insurance billing professional to provide high volume claims processing to support our clinics. We treat clients in several locations in Stamford, Greenwich, and Darien with individual and group counseling, medical and dental care services, school based care, and at our new Federally Qualified Health Clinic (FQHC) in Greenwich. Staffed by licensed nurse practitioners, clinical social workers, dental professionals and a health educator, we provide on-site confidential physical, dental and mental health care.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in medical, behavioral health and dental billing, with a keen eye for learning our current billing system and effecting improvements. He/she will be responsible for high volume eligibility, authorizations and benefit verification, Medicaid registration, bi-monthly, semi-monthly and aging reporting, and EOB analysis. Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills are essential for interacting with internal staff, clients, clinicians, and insurance carriers.
- Associates degree (Bachelor’s preferred) at least 2 years related experience
- Experience in CPT ICD 10 Coding strongly preferred
- Proficiency with electronic medical records
- Knowledge or experience in FQHC preferred
- Basic accounting & strong analytical skills needed
- Current knowledge in Medicaid, Medicare and commercial insurance
- Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections.
- Stellar communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines while maintaining accurate results
- Evolv software preferred
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
Family Centers is a private, non-profit organization offering education, health and human services to children, adults and families living in Lower Fairfield County. More than 200 professionals and 3,500 trained volunteers work together to provide a wide range of responsive, innovative programs.
Family Centers is an EOE and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package. For more information, please visit http://www.familycenters.org