Lead Assembler (PCS Department)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily including the following:
- Assist the department coordinator with scheduling the work load to ensure our electric power control solution (PCS) product is built per customer requests.
- Verify all components within the kits are correct and ready for production.
- Maintain tools, inspection tools, and equipment within the department.
- Work with the maintenance department to address any faulty equipment and tooling.
- Review documentation to ensure information accuracy including: BOM, routings, and labor.
- Train any and all new employees on the PCS team.
- Communicate with inside sales / sales support on production issues which result in shipping late lines.
- Motivate the workers to meet production timelines.
- Ensure top quality products are being produced throughout the assembling process.
- Coordinate production schedules.
- Monitor assigned equipment / machines throughout the shift, periodically checking and testing parts according to the appropriate QA procedures.
- Communicate and address issues with area supervisors and other departments as needed.
- Promote, implement and enforce safe work practices.
- Maintain a good work attendance and work overtime when needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 2+ years of production assembly experience.
- At least 1 year plus experience assembling electrical products.
- High school diploma or GED or any other equivalent diploma.
- Firm understanding of electrical power concepts and theory.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Demonstrated, effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in adapting to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to manage his/her time and staying on top of production schedules.
- Excellent communication skills are required to properly communicate work instructions and issues with other Lex employees.
- Ability to motivate workers toward their work and Lex’s goal of continual improvement in processes and products.
- Leadership qualities are needed to lead his/her team of employees.
- Ability to stand walk for a long time in a day as he/she needs to go around different departments each and every time.
- Knowledge of maintaining records about the production details and products.
- Understanding of the importance of workplace safety and the ability to promote safe practices.
- Candidate must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without assistance.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
Lex Products is an EOE/AA Employer
Lex Products is a Drug Free Equal Opportunity Employer
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities who can perform the position’s essential job functions.