Executive Administrative Assistant
We’re OperationsInc, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm. Our client is a world-recognized leader in cancer research. Their mission is to find a cure for multiple myeloma by relentlessly pursuing innovation that accelerates the development of next-generation treatments to extend the lives of patients. They are seeking an Executive Assistant to join their team in Norwalk, CT and have retained us to conduct the search for an experienced, professional.
The Executive Administrative Assistant reports directly to the President & CEO providing executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. S/He serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President & CEO. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the Founder & Chief Mission Officer, board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. S/He must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the President & CEO’s schedules are followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the President & CEO’s time and office.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President & CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the President & CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President & CEO updated.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles all matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the President & CEO’s administrative liaison to board of directors.
- Assists board members with lodging and meal planning as needed.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Creates power points, track Board votes, and keeps Board attendance metrics.
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
Senior Management Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending meetings.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all-staff meetings.
- Work with the Founder & Chief Mission Officer and the Executive Assistant to the Founder& Assistant to the Chief Mission Officer.
Qualifications Include the Following:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Flexible schedule to include working hours outside of business hours due to time differences, urgent matters, and occasionally on-call on evenings and weekends.
Education and Experience Include the Following:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM data base is a plus.
Interested and qualified applicants please send your cover letter and resume to RE@OperationsInc.com.
This is a non-profit organization and equal opportunity employer.