Quality Engineer ( w/ Battery or Automotive Industry Experience only)
Cadenza Innovation, Inc., is looking for a skilled Quality Engineer, with experience from the battery and/or automotive industries, to support innovation, design and productization of new Li-ion battery technologies.
Cadenza Innovation, Inc., based in Bethel, CT - is an emerging energy storage company answering the call for safer, longer-lasting Lithium-ion batteries - today. With our management team of recognized authorities in the battery industry, Cadenza Innovation Inc. is dramatically improving the quality and safety of lithium-ion batteries while delivering outstanding performance, challenging industry competition.
Cadenza Innovation Inc. offers an attractive compensation package, an entrepreneurial environment and the opportunity for employees to enhance their careers and achieve greater levels of responsibility as the company grows.
The ideal hire for this role would be a hands on person with strong automotive and battery industry experience, however, one or the other, would be acceptable experience to build on.
This is an excellent opportunity to get in with an exciting and dynamic Pre-IPO, start-up company that offers tremendous growth, challenge and reward.
Please see below for more information!
- Maintain quality documentation and process, including quality procedures, deviations, preventive and corrective action reports;
- Drive quality improvement, including products and production line / equipment, and maximize quality yield;
- Plan for use of quality tools, including quality tools, capability studies, and statistical process control;
- Update quality procedures & records when necessary in response to issues such as quality problems, parts obsolescence, and minor requirement changes;
- Work with responsible engineers to optimize test process for quality and schedule;
- Provide input during battery development for product manufacturing capabilities, tests and help transition design from development to production;
- Create, maintain, and report product quality status and improvement plan;
- Manage part and vendor supply chain to ensure a quality product on time.
- Bachelor of science in electrical, mechanical, manufacturing and quality engineering;
- Minimum two (2) years of professional experience in battery quality improvement, battery quality control, test experience and/or automotive industry APQP processes;
- Professional experience with quality control and improvement in a R&D / manufacturing environment;
- Experience transitioning products from design to manufacturing (new product introduction) as part of a cross-functional team;
- Demonstrated experience implementing Design for Six Sigma, and Design for Test;
- Demonstrated experience with quality software - (Examples: Minitab / SPC / MES).
We offer an attractive compensation, an entrepreneurial environment, and the opportunity for employees to enhance their careers and achieve greater levels of responsibility as the company grows. Founded by Dr. Christina Lampe-Onnerud, the company is headquartered in Bethel, CT.
Please visit our website at: for more information on our team and company.